“READER’S CHOICE” RAFFLE—NOBLEDEAD.ORG
It has been too long with some stumbles and trips, but here we are at last. And here is what it is about and how it came about.
When new books are released from a major publisher, the authors get copies for themselves and their own use. The count depends on the format, and typically hardbacks are of the lowest count.
Barb and J.C. still have a few “author’s copies” left for certain hardback volumes in Noble Dead Saga; that means first editions, just like in all other raffles. As always, the prize will be signed by them. But this time, you choose your prize from the volumes still available in the authors’ office…
S2B2: Through Stone and Sea
S2B3: Of Truth and Beasts
S3B1: Between Their Worlds
S3B2: The Dog in the Dark
S3B3: A Wind in the Night
The rules and requirements (listed below) are the same as for previous raffles, but you must also submit the title of the book you want if you win. This will save a little bit of time in processing prizes.
Please follow the instructions below (without exception) so your entry is confirmed on the first submission. This raffle is open to only readers in the USA (Sorry folks, there are still too many complications with international shipping.)
Deadline for receipt of all entries is Friday, August 15th, 2014, Midnight PST (via the received timestamp on your emailed entry). By the following Monday, one random winner will be notified via email. Yes, there will be more RCR raffles to come in the near future.
Go to “Contact” at NobleDead.org and submit the following information correctly:
Name: [First and Last in full]
Email: [where winner will be notified]
Subject: NOBLE DEAD RAFFLE
City, State, Zip/Postal Code
AND DON’T FORGET TO STATE A PRIZE FROM THE LIST PRESENTED.
ABOUT YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT:
- Your Account: use one that you check at least once per day.
- Your HTML/RTF email filter: If you screen for spam by rejecting HTML/RTF incoming emails, white-list “@nobledead.org” in your email program and/or server to be certain you receive notification if you win. We do not send email spam—ever!
- Your address/domain email filter: If you screen for spam by rejecting sender addresses / domains not pre-verified, adjust your filter rules to accept email from “@nobledead.org” or you will not receive notification if you win. We do not respond to any form of email sender verification processes or request. Neither the Hendees nor the volunteer staff have time for this.
- Your emailed entry: Barb and J.C. have full control of all participant information; you will not be added to a mailing list. All entries are fully discarded / deleted once their associated raffle is completed.
ABOUT WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- Each entry is checked by staff for required contact and delivery information. Correct / complete entries are confirmed by email reply within 72 hours. Incomplete entries are discarded and, if possible, the entrant is notified.
- After the raffle’s closing date/time, all entries are checked for duplicates based on Name, Email, and Delivery Address. Clear duplicates are discarded. Indeterminate ones may receive an email query at our discretion.
- Verified entries are assigned a number by order of date/time received. The total number of entries is entered into a pure random number generator to select the winner(s) [see Random.org].
- The winner is notified via email and confirmation of delivery information is requested. The winner has 48 hours to respond from date/time on the sent notice. If no response is received in that time period, the winner’s entry is discarded and a new winner is selected according to Step 3.
- Upon confirmation of delivery information, the winner will be announced via NobleDead.org and its news distribution systems at the next available opportunity. The awarded prize will arrive on the winner’s doorstep (if in the USA) by standard USPS mail, usually within 10 business days of being shipped. (NOTE: delivery time will be longer for non-USA destinations.)